The following is a practical guideline as to what you and your wife or husband will want to entire the courtroom types necessary for submitting for a divorce in Florida. Do not be confused by other divorce checklists you could see through your world-wide-web exploration. If you and your wife or husband are in typical settlement with the factors of the divorce settlement these kinds of as kid visitation and distribution of belongings and liabilities, then divorce litigation could not be needed and you could not want to engage lawyers.
Somewhat, you may what to seek the services of a non-lawyer, this sort of as a licensed spouse and children mediator, to help you in identifying and finishing the court docket forms. If that is the scenario and there are no other sophisticated instances (this sort of as the division of a retirement account), then the next record identifies the 20 files and goods of info that are desired for the non-lawyer you pick out to aid you in completing the courtroom kinds and planning you to file the divorce petition.
1. Evidence of residency. Possibly you or your wife or husband need to be in a position to demonstrate that a person of you has lived in Florida for at minimum six months. Residency may well be established with a recent Florida driver’s license, Florida identification card, or voter’s registration card. The situation date of the document should be at minimum six months ahead of the day the case is filed with the clerk of the circuit court find out more here
2. Entire and formal names of each wife or husband
3. Total residential handle of where each and every wife or husband is dwelling
4. E-mail tackle of every single husband or wife
5. Cell phone variety of every single wife or husband
6. Employer’s title, tackle and telephone number for each individual partner
7. Date of delivery of just about every partner
8. Social Stability Amount of just about every partner
9. Date of marriage
10. If divided, day of separation
11. The full and official title of each small youngster
12. The day of delivery of each minor child
13. Social Security Number of every slight little one
14. Annual overall payment of each individual partner (e.g., income, reward, guidelines, etcetera.)
15. Gross shell out amount for every pay out period of time and pay period of time (e.g., weekly, each and every other 7 days, regular)
16. A pay back stub from just about every wife or husband will be really helpful in completing the financial affidavit court docket sorts. The fork out stub will point out forms and quantities of deductions from the gross pay (e.g., earnings tax, Medicare, insurance policies, employer loans, union dues, and so on.)
17. Tax submitting position (e.g., most likely married) and quantity of dependents claimed by each and every partner. Your employer or its payroll department would have this data. If you know the submitting status and number of dependents to be claimed after the divorce it will end result in extra exact monetary affidavits
18. Record of ongoing every month fees expected individually by every single spouse right after the divorce, which includes credit score card and financial loan payments, foods, gasoline, automobile upkeep and kids charges (e.g., working day treatment, apparel, lunch funds and well being and dental insurance plan)
19. A list of property, these kinds of as automobiles, clothes, jewelry, home furniture, dollars, televisions, retirement accounts (name of accounts and account figures), financial institution accounts (bank identify, name on the accounts, and account figures). Walk by way of your household and make a record. Estimate the benefit of every single asset and be sensible. Discover any assets that you imagine belong to you only and ought to not be divided (e.g., nonmarital asset). As mentioned in the fiscal affidavit courtroom sort, typically you will only record an asset as nonmarital if it was owned by a single wife or husband in advance of the relationship. Portion 61.075(1) of the Florida Statutes defines marital and nonmarital assets.
20. A listing of liabilities, these types of as the balances of credit cards, auto loans, home loans, employer financial loans, and so forth. Be distinct and determine lenders’ names and account quantities. Discover any liabilities that you feel belong to you only and should really not be divided (e.g., nonmarital liability).